How to modify users and assign permissions in Inventory
TravelgateX Inventory Extranet empowers Buyers to manage usernames for hoteliers and other users, allowing them to create, modify, or delete their accounts.
Each user role defines the actions that can be performed and the sections of the Extranet that can be accessed.
What are the different user roles that can be assigned in our Inventory Extranet?🛠️
- Client: they are able to see all the information regarding hotels assigned to them regardless of the provider. They are able to make changes to these hotels.
- Client Admin: They are able to see all the information related to a client, such as hotels or Channels, and they are able to do all sorts of modifications. Unlike the Client role, it will not be necessary to assign permissions at a hotel level. This user role will have access to everything related to the client.
- Client Viewer: They see all the information but they cannot carry out any modifications. They have access to the tabs “Availability”, “Calendar”, “Booking List” and “Booking Price Details” of the section “Product” in the Extranet.
- Provider: A user with this role will be able to see, load and modify information and configurations of the hotels assigned to them. The difference between this role and a Client role is that these users will only have access to the Channels they are related to, and also to the sections Inventory and Product.
- Provider Viewer: These users see all the information but they cannot modify it. They have access to the tabs “Availability”, “Calendar”, “Booking List” and “Booking Price Details” of the section “Product” in the extranet.
- User to hotels: if the hotelier asks for an access to the Extranet, the Client will be in charge of creating the username through our Extranet (not TravelgateX). Usually, the kind of user created for a hotelier is Provider or Provider Viewer with permissions only to some specific hotel.