How to set your timeout values in order to make the most of your connections
Is it mandatory to specify a timeout in my request?⌛
Yes, you should set a timeout value in all Booking Flow queries and mutations.
Which timeout should I establish in each step?🔢
It will depend on your preferences and needs. Our recommendation is to test which timeout fits your needs better, taking into account the number of hotels requested and the Seller specifications/restrictions.
TravelgateX Buyers API allows:
- A maximum of 25000ms in Search.
- A maximum of 180000ms in Quote.
- A maximum of 180000ms in Book.
Unlock the potential of our connection by including the Seller in the process of establishing the ideal timeouts!
What happens if I set a higher timeout than the ones allowed at TravelgateX API?⚠️
Please note that timeout values higher than those recommended will not be applied.
For example: for a timeout over 25000ms in SearchRQ, our system will apply a maximum of 25000ms.
Timeout Settings in Hotel-X Buyers API🚀
You can either set this information at a request level (in your query "settings"):
Or you can set a default timeout value in your API Settings - more information here.
Timeout Settings in Hotel Buyers Legacy API🏨
If you are using our Hotel Buyers Legacy API, note that the timeout setup should be set on your side at a request level through the timeout tag "timeoutMilliseconds".
There are 2 timeout tags in my request, what is the different between them?
- HUB timeout: this value indicates the time limit for a given request at TravelgateX.
- Supplier timeout: this value indicates the time limit for a given request to a Seller. Please note the HUB timeout value should be set at least 300 ms higher than the Supplier timeout value in order to have enough time to parse the Seller's response.